Frequently asked questions
1. Why should I consider your flying school?
Select Aviation is a medium size aviation college with a family atmosphere. We offer many aviation career options who can be personalized during the course of your training.
2. How do I enroll?
Enrolment can be made through submitting the application form on our Website.
3. Where is your flying school located?
Select Aviation is located in the city of Drummondville, Quebec, Canada.
4. Is the flying school recognised by the local aviation authority?
Yes, the flying school is authorised to conduct flying courses by Transport Canada.
5. What are the academic qualifications do I need to join the course?
English ICAO level 4 or higher.
6. Is my Canadian CPL/Multi IR Licence recognised by other countries?
Countries of ICAO signatories will accept the Canadian licence. However, you are advised to check with Aviation Authorities of that specific country if you wish to convert Canadian licence to theirs.
7. What is the licence requirement to join other airlines and where can I get the information?
You need a minimum of a Commercial Pilot Licence with Instrument Rating. You can get more information on the licence requirements from the respective airlines.
8. What types of training aircrafts are used in your flying school?
Select Aviation operates a fleet of single and multi engine aircraft consisting of Cessnas 150, Cessna 172, Cessna 180, Cessna 185, Piper Twin Comanche, Piper Seneca II Turbo and helicopters Robinson R44 . We also have the state of art simulator known as Redbird MCX Full motion platform approved by Transport Canada.
9. What is the duration of the course?
The duration of the CPL/Multi IFR can be completed between 6 to 8 months in our intensive program environment.
10. Do you conduct part time courses?
All Select Aviation courses are on full time basis.
11. What is the minimum and maximum age to undergo the Commercial Flight Training ?
The minimum age is 17 and there is no maximum age limit for doing the course.